Every business needs revenue to stay in the game and most businesses struggle to increase their business revenue. There are various approaches that can be used to promote business gain. One of the key strategies needed for business revenue growth is digital marketing.
Yes! Digital Marketing!
Digital marketing is the part of marketing that uses the internet and other digital technologies such as desktop computers, and mobile phones to promote products and services.
Businesses can use digital platforms like search engine optimization, social media, and other marketing strategies to link to their existing and proposed customers.
Let us go over some important digital marketing strategies your business needs to increase revenue.
You might have heard the word “website” frequently. Simply put, a website is a group of connected pages on the world wide web containing information on a particular subject.
According to the Nigerians Communication Commission, the number of internet users in Nigeria as of 2018 was over 98million individuals. Therefore, having a website exposes you to this number of customers. Provided that your website ranks well on the search engine result pages. These days, individuals check the internet for everything because they believe that every business should have a website.
Having a business website allows you:
- Tell your customers about your business, your location, your products or services and who they are meant for. Known as About Us on business websites.
- Put social media buttons that redirect your viewers to your social media platforms. That way, you get to promote your social media platforms and get more followers.
- Display your contact information like your business email address and phone number. Your contact information helps customers get across to you whenever they want to.
- Promote your professionalism using the content you upload on your business blog. A business website allows you to create a blog and upload blog posts. The relevance of your content will assure website visitors that you’re good at what you do and they might just get converted to your customers.
- Answer questions that your customers might have about your business. Called frequently asked questions FAQ
- Furthermore, you can display images and videos about your business on your website, which would make your website attractive to your customers.
- Create a platform where satisfied customers can make comments. This is called Client testimonials or reviews and it can be used as a tool to convince visitors, build trust, and convert them into customers.
In order to get your website seen and noticed by your target audience, you need to optimize your website to rank high on search engine result pages like google (search engine optimization).
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
Search engine optimization or SEO is a strategy for improving your site’s rankings in search engine results. Simply put, SEO helps your business website show on search result pages like google when individuals search for your kind of business.
Furthermore, SEO helps you get better rankings in search engine result pages, gain more traffic to your website and acquire website visitors.
Optimizing your website content is quite simple. All you have to do is to:
- Add important keywords in your website content, your title, and your introduction.
- Edit your title and your meta description
- Include outbound links and internal links
Linking your social media platforms to your website is also an important way to attract customers. From your social media pages, they can click on your website to check it out. Which brings us to social media marketing which is also an important tool to increase revenue in a business.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and the likes, to build your brand, increase sales, and drive traffic to your business website. To get that result, you have to make sure your profile is up to date and then you need to publish good content. One way to keep your followers on social media platforms is to engage them with interesting and relevant content about your product or service.
In addition, social media marketing is that it allows you to engage with your customers one on one, and daily. That way, you get to hear their opinion, their complaints, including complements and then you can make necessary adjustments. In the same vein, interacting with your customers can be used to show care and better customer service which includes: courtesy, appreciation, answering inquiries and comments, thereby building a close relationship with them.
Social media platforms allow you to run advertisements that are all designed to help your business. Social media ads like Facebook ads are designed to help you increase reach, send traffic to your website, and make sales. Facebook does that by showing images and videos of what you do to targeted individuals to get them to subscribe to your social media page or visit your website.
Social media platforms allow you to market your product by uploading images and videos of your products or services on your business page and giving an in-depth explanation about them in terms of content.
Content marketing is simply creating relevant content that will be a solution to customer’s problems thereby attracting new customers and retaining existing customers. Your content is powerful. You can use your content to sharpen your customer’s opinion about your business. All you have to do is to create convincing and attractive content about your business, its products or services. After that, if individuals go through your content and find them as educating and meaningful content, they see your business in the same way.
Blog posts can be utilized to get more customers. Imagine you uploaded a blog post on “how to make your leather handbag shine”. Your post was displayed on the search engine result page, which was read and found to be useful. The next move of the reader will either be to subscribe to your posts or follow your social media page. Which was because your content was relevant.
Blog posts and social media posts should contain content about your business. After uploading and distributing content, you can use analytics to discover which content interests your viewers more. After a while, you can use that result to find out the appreciated contents to upload.
Email marketing involves sending email messages to customers or potential customers to convert them into customers. Emails are effective ways to get important messages across to your customers. This is because most individuals check their mail inbox daily.
Email Marketing has a lot of benefits to your business and it is not as expensive as other media of communication. It allows you to deliver targeted messages to your subscribers by segmenting them into smaller groups based on their interests. Most importantly, segmenting your email list can further reduce the volume of unsubscribers by sending targeted messages to subscribers not disturbing messages.
Softwares like HubSpot Marketing, iContact and MailChimp are Email marketing software that allows you;
- Trace the number of subscribers that open your messages
- Track the number of subscribers that clicked
- Review the most clicked link
- And also find out the number of subscribers that unsubscribed
This analysis helps you figure out which style of email marketing works out for your business and which style doesn’t.
Digital marketing is an important way to increase revenue for your business. Implement these digital marketing strategies to generate more revenue for your business.
Do you need help to apply any or all of these strategies to your business?
Contact me right away to get started.